Thank you for using Author E.M.S. Author E.M.S. is a website and online community that provides a library of information related to the business of being an author. The website offers public pages, free newsletters and the Daily Tips blog that is updated each Monday-Friday. For those who want access to more in-depth information, free registration as a Basic Member is required. Additional resources and services are available to Premium Members on a paid subscription basis.
These Website Terms and Conditions of Use were last modified on July 15, 2012.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Author E.M.S. is owned and operated by Rainmaker E.M.S. LLC, a Florida limited liability company (hereafter referred to as Author E.M.S.). By accessing, browsing and/or using this Website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Website Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) and all applicable local, state, national or international laws and regulations.
Author E.M.S. is meant to be used only by persons age 13 and over who agree with the Website Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree with any of the Terms or are not of a legal age to form a binding contract, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
1. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Author E.M.S. website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Author E.M.S website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Author E.M.S. at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on the Author E.M.S. website are provided “as is.” Author E.M.S. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Author E.M.S. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Author E.M.S. may change the products or services offered and may elect to cease providing products or services offered at anytime. Due to the nature of the internet, Author E.M.S. cannot make any guarantee of quality of service.
- By accepting these Terms of Service, you agree that Author E.M.S., its directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contributors and other partners shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages resulting from the service, any damages from loss of use, profits or goodwill or any other punitive or consequential damages of any kind relating to any use of content on Author E.M.S. or content on other sites featured, appearing or linked on Author E.M.S.
In no event shall Author E.M.S. or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Author E.M.S.’s website, even if Author E.M.S. or an Author E.M.S. authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the Author E.M.S. website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Author E.M.S. does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Author E.M.S. may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Author E.M.S. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Author E.M.S. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents or services of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Author E.M.S. of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk, and you agree that Author E.M.S. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services on or through such services.
8. No Waiver
The failure of Author E.M.S. to exercise or enforce any portion of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver or modification of any such right or position.
These Website Terms and Conditions of Use constitute the entire agreement between you and Author E.M.S with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any other agreements, written or oral.
You agree that any claim, action, or proceeding arising out of these Terms and Conditions of Use, or your use of the Website, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Florida and must be brought solely in a state or federal court in Saint Johns County, Florida and any appellant court from any thereof. You unconditionally submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts for any such action and waive, to the fullest extent you may legally and effectively do so, any objection or defense you may now or hereafter have (including without limitation the defense of an inconvenient forum) to the laying of venue in any such court of any such suit, action or proceeding.
Any claims against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for the use of our site.
If any portion of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the court shall endeavor to give effects to the parties’ intention as reflected in that portion and the portion shall be deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions of Use and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining portion, which will remain in full force and effect.
The caption to each section in these Terms are for convenience of reference only and shall be ignored in the construction or interpretation hereof.
We call ourselves Author E.M.S. after our website “authorems.com” but our full legal name is Rainmaker E.M.S. LLC, a Florida limited liability with virtual offices. If you have any questions about this Website Terms and Conditions of Use, please use the Contact tab in the navigation bar, upper right. Our mailing address is
Rainmaker E.M.S. LLC
1093 A1A Beach Blvd. #328
St. Augustine, FL 32080-6733