Overview: Publishers Marketplace is a go-to site for information on agents, editors, agencies and the book deals they make.
- Book sales database includes information on over 40,000 deals
- Top Dealmakers area allows Publishers Marketplace members to search ranked lists of agents, agencies, editors and imprints, in 40+ categories and sub-categories
- Individual pages show and analyze the deal history of thousands of agents, agencies, editors and imprints
- Representation information on the agents representing 25,000+ authors
- Members are able to post an internal webpage on the PM site. 400 agents and 1000+ authors and industry professionals with member pages
- Book Review database, with top newspaper reviews
- Book Tracker “automatically follow[s] sales results at Amazon and BN.com and cross-reference[s] against a dozen bestseller lists”
- Searchable contact databases for agents, editors and recent sales with the ability to track certain agents and project types
- Publishing industry job listings
Cost: $20 per month, paid on a month-to-month basis with no long-term obligation.
Overview: Publishing industry focused daily email with circulation of over 40,000
- Top publishing industry news
- Links to job listings
Overview: Email communication sent to Publishers Marketplace members each business day.
- Five+ industry story links per day
- Weekly features like Bestseller Radar and The Most Reviewed
- Searchable archive of prior Lunch emails
Cost: Included in Publisher Marketplace membership, $20 per month, paid on a month-to-month basis with no long-term obligation
Overview: Daily email (M-F), with over 20,000 subscribers consisting primarily of booksellers, librarians and publishing professionals. Twice per week there are also editions directed toward readers, plus special editions for Children’s Books and significant book releases.
- News on publishing and bookselling
- Book trailers
- Books featured in the media
- Book reviews
Cost: Email subscription is free. Advertising rates range from $400-1000 daily with add on pricing for design help. For more information on advertising, see http://www.shelf-awareness.com/download/2011RateKit-path.pdf
Overview: Non-profit organization with a membership comprised primarily of agents from the publishing, theater, motion picture and television industries.
- Links to AAR members’ blogs and websites
- Searchable agent database, by agent or agency name
- Online agent profiles including contact information, blog, website, work (not) represented, submission/query guidelines, list of author clients, and recent sales (self-reported)
Cost: Online search feature, free
Overview: Major online and print publishing industry magazine.
- Industry news
- Job listings
- Book and author news
- Bestseller lists
- Author interviews
- Blogs: PWxyz, Beyond Her Book, ShelfTalker, Genreville and others
- Children’s Bookshelf
- Cooking the Books
- PW Comics World
- PW Daily Newsletter
- Religion Bookline
Cost: E-newsletters and general website access, free. $249.99 for one-year print and digital magazine subscription
Overview: The national trade association for independent booksellers. Targeted toward independent booksellers and others book industry professionals. Benefits are dependent upon membership category.
- Searchable ABA Bookseller Membership Directory – Browse by location, or search the database
- Keyword searchable ABA Associate Member (publishers, distributors, wholesalers, and other vendors) Directory**
- ABA Member Bookstore Directory – creates printable pdf file by state
- Omnibus Blog
- Forums and Wikis**
Cost: Website access, free. Membership ranges from $200 – 350
Note: Non-US Booksellers and others interested in joining ABA must contact ABA
** Requires ABA membership