Author E.M.S. is proud to announce its campus schedule for 2013. Our goal is to provide the best current information on topics that will help authors operate more efficiently, productively and profitably. Take a look at what we’ve got planned.
Intro to Your Self-Publishing Business
This class is currently in session and registration is closed.
This four-week lecture series and discussion group is designed to teach students about the process of self-publishing books digitally and in print. When an author chooses to self-publish a book, it means supervising the production and distribution process. We’ll cover all the basics:
- basics of self-employment models: sole proprietor, LLC, corporation
- protecting your privacy if you write under a pseudonym
- registering copyright
- obtaining ISBNs and when they’re necessary
- finding and working with freelance editors, formatters and cover artists
- distributing direct vs using aggregators or publishing services
- self-publishing audio books and foreign translations
- where and how to sell your book
- building a basic timeline and budget
- best practices for building your self-published book
- understanding metadata and how and where it’s used
- is self-publishing really for you?
Author E.M.S. Campus will resume in August. Amy & Kelli are currently updating materials and developing new content. Thanks so much!