Summer is here in earnest and you would think a writer should be able to accomplish more writing. Longer hours of daylight. Warmer temperatures. Children home from school.
Well, maybe not everything in summer is conducive to writers accomplishing more.
If you’re one of those writers who could use a nudge to better manage your time, we found this helpful list from Amanda Eyolfson at Friesen Press. She offers 22 tips on How to Write Productively.
Each tip is designed to either help you save time in your day or jump-start writing and increase your word-count. Some highlights:
- Establish non-communication zones and eliminate interruptions.
- Bunch similar tasks together to save time.
- Declutter. (Hey, we’ve suggested this before!)
- Break it down so the project isn’t so overwhelming.
- Stay on track because multitasking is not always your friend.